Nine goals, two draws in friendly matches with Burexnong

Our Under 10, Under 13 and Under 15 teams were in action against Burexnong this afternoon and the matches produced nine goals with two of the teams drawing and the other losing by a narrow margin.

The Under 13s kicked off at 3pm and found themselves 1-0 down at half time. In the second stanza Bobby, Alicia and Mean began to link up to good effect but the team conceded a second when a long range shot hit the post and bounced in off the goalkeeper’s head.

Arwin was playing in an unfamiliar role up front but showed some very clever touches and pulled a goal back from close range. Alicia then converted from a tight angle after some superb passing between Bobby and Mean to create the opening.

Burexnong extended their lead when the midfield were slow to get back after a quick counter attack. Selda, who was absolutely solid throughout, held up the striker but she lacked support when the ball broke free and it was blasted past 10 year old goalkeeper Gan.

The game finished with Bobby absolutely hammering the ball against the bar before seeing the follow up crashed against the post. It was disappointing to end up on the wrong end of a 4-2 scoreline but the team played well and hit the woodwork on multiple occasions.

Next up was the Under 10 team with a couple of new players in the side. A mistake from Caspian gifted Burexnong an early lead and the team struggled to get a grip on the game with one of the central midfielders playing far too deep.

Nick wasted a good opening when he scuffed his shot wide while Alex was getting in dangerous positions but couldn’t quite find the finish. Burexnong looked dangerous and mistakes from Dream and Caspian contributed to them coming in at half time with a 4-0 lead.

It would have been more but for some excellent goalkeeping by Gan. Nick was relocated to central midfield and the second half was a different story with BMHHFA surging forwards again and again and repeatedly finding openings to exploit.

Striker Louis was unfortunate to see his shot come back off the outside of the post while William blazed over from point blank range. BMHHFA finally got on the scoresheet when Alex took advantage of a mix up involving the Burexnong keeper to tap the ball into an unguarded net.

William was finding space down the right flank with his surging runs and Nai and Nick both managed to miss the target from point blank range. The latter finally got his name on the scoresheet and then substitute Gai, who only turned 8 earleir this month, grabbed a third.

With the second ticking away BMHHFA went in search of a second successive 4-4 draw and were rewarded when Alex grabbed his second with virtually the last kick of the game. A well deserved draw and it would have been a victory but for a series of terrible misses.

At 5pm the Under 15s kicked off with several Under 13 players involved. The team started brightly but conceded the opener when Gluay lost possession in the middle and Wave spilled the resulting shot right into the path of a Burexnong player to gift him a tap in.

The team equalized through Gluay and then took the lead when a superb passing move was started and finished by defender Bank who surged forwards and side footed a cutback home. The third goal was just as good with Bobby playing a one-two on the right wing and then calmly side footing the ball home.

Nick was playing in an unfamiliar role up front but showed some very intelligent touches to hold the ball up and bring the midfielders into play. GLuay had a golden chance to make it 4-1 but hit the post from point blank range.

In the second half the team lost all intensity and were punished when Burexnong pulled a goal back on the counter attack after possession had been given away cheaply. The team was playing with a complete lack of composure and paid the price when a 30 yard strike was hammered into the top right hand corner of the goal.

Gluay would have scored from a corner but didn’t call for the ball and Boss threw himself at the ball instead and headed it over the bar. The game finished 3-3 which was a disappointing result but a good lesson about the dangers of complacency.

This is the second time we have played Burexnong and the games are always very even and enjoyable. We hope to welcome them back to the Black Mountain Hua Hin Football Academy in the near future.